Junior Member Learner Driver

Tow ball maximum nose weight

Hello to GLC caravaners!

I am having great difficulty finding the specification for the maximum nose weight for the GLC 250D tow hitch. My dealer tells me it is 100kg but I am never quite sure I can trust them and Mercedes aren't answering my queries. Does anyone know for certain what the value is.

ALSO

The tow ball seemed very near the bumper when I saw one at the dealers, caravaning staff at the dealers assure me it is OK but the modern ALKO hitch is quite bulky and I am looking for re-assurance

The towball noseweight is 100Kgs. If you go to the Mercedes On Line Manuals choose GLC and then find your way to specifications, information on the towbar can be found.
    Regards the coupling for Alko the clearance from the bumper hitched is fine and is the same as my last car a Tiguan with a detachable Westfalia, the factory fit Bosal Towbar is very easy and looks well manufactured.
    Have only towed a short distance so far but very similar to the Tiguan which was a very good towcar.
    Very pleased with car, quiet, comfortable ride.

Can you point me in the direction of the manual with a specifications section I can't find anything in the interactive manual that I have found.

Towbar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Can you point me in the direction of the manual with a specifications section I can't find anything in the interactive manual that I have found.
    Open Interactive Manual
    Go to Operating Instructions (at top)
    Go to Technical Data
    Go to Trailer Tow Hitch (bottom of list in this section)

Info is contained in this section drawing of hitch is as per fitted
    at factory and is made by Bosal Hope this helps it does take some finding!

Found it at last! I had not seen the light grey on mid grey scroll bar with faded edges and my list looked to have only three items in it.

Thanks for that!